- Name: Saturday Detox by Brit
- Duration: 2 hours
- Formula: 1 hour of high intensity cardio (breathing heavy) + 1 hour of total body resistance training (lifting weights)
- Calories Burned:800-1200
- Location: Preferably a gym or fitness club with Group exercise classes
- Commentary: For the past year, I’ve committed my Saturday mornings to detoxing my body and catching up on missed workouts. My personal detox routine = 1 hour TurboKick class + 1 hour weight lifting class (Barbell, Body Pump, Power Sculpt, etc.) I like doing my detox in group fitness classes because of the music and positive vibe of working out with other people. However, you can do your detox routine however you like. For example, go running outside for an hour and follow it with a 1 hour weights circuit.
- The Facts: The American Collge of Sports Medicine recommends 30 minutes of cardio 3-5 times per week and 30 minutes of muscular strength training 2-3 times per week. Check this, if you do a 2 hour cardio + weights detox routine, you’ve knocked out over 50% of your weekly exercise needs. So, try the 2 hour detox and your Saturday’s suddenly get sweeter 🙂