We ARE what we EAT…. You’ve heard the saying over and over again but most of us (including me) still struggle to maintain a healthy, nutritious diet. Since today is the last day of my “love your body” series I figured I’d talk about the #1 way to love your body = nourish it with healthy food!
Here’s 10 fantastic foods that make you FEEL & LOOK good courtesy of bbcgoodfood.com:
- BLUEBERRIES The ultimate immune-boosting food. Rich in anti-oxidants.
- BROCCOLI Guards against cancer and is rich in a wide range of anti-oxidants, vitamins C and E, folate and iron.
- CARROTS High in carotenes, known to boost the immune system.
- LETTUCE AND SALAD GREENS Tangy varieties, such as chicory and endive, stimulate the liver, making them great detoxifiers. Most lettuces contain valuable amounts of vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants.
- BEETROOT Bursting with minerals and has anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, immune-boosting and detoxifying properties.
- BRAZIL NUTS You only need to eat two or three a day to benefit from their great combination of immune-boosting nutrients: vitamin E, selenium and B vitamins.
- GRAPEFRUIT Has immune-boosting, antiseptic, wound-healing and anti-bacterial properties.
- GARLIC Strengthens the heart and blood, and has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. Also thought to help lower blood pressure. A key ingredient is allicin, which has cancer-fighting potential.
- CRANBERRIES Best known for helping to prevent and treat urinary tract infections, especially cystitis, in women. They have both anti-fungal and antiviral properties.
- GINGER Stimulates the immune system and circulation.