Hey Gang! So I have a confession to make…
I have been eating TERRIBLY for the past 2 weeks. Not sure what my problem is, but I’ve developed some nasty habits (i.e. adding croutons to salads, snacking on candy, too many simple carbs for breakfast – sticky buns anyone?) The fact of the matter is, I’ve been making a lot of excuses to eat crappy food, and the excuses have got to stop – today!
While getting ready for my work week, I put together this 5 day diet FOCUS plan. Keep in mind that I’m a vegetarian, so if you are trying the plan for yourself and want to add some lean meat to one of the meals, by all means go for it!
Here’s my game plan for the next 5 days (Monday – Friday). Each day, my diet will look like this:
- Breakfast – 1 cup black coffee, 2 cups water, fresh fruit w/Greek yogurt OR w/ all natural peanut butter
- Min morning snack – 1 serving of nuts or trail mix, 1 large glass of water
- Lunch – Large veggie salad with oil/vinegar dressing (NO croutons, cheese, or meat), 1 large glass of water
- Afternoon Snack – fresh fruit, 1-2 cups hot green tea
- Dinner – 1 serving vegetarian protein (black beans, humus, lentils, etc.), 2 servings of veggies
I’ll be tweeting my progress all week, so follow me @GRITbyBrit – wish me luck and have wonderful week!