Let’s jump-start a healthier 2014 with some fun & friendly competition! I started a diet bet game that will start on Monday, January 6. Click here to join our game and invite your friends and family too. Our pot of money grows as players join. Whoever hits their goal splits the pot. Get healthier, have fun and win some cash – don’t wait our game starts next Monday!
(above – me teaching TurboKick, the ultimate cardio workout!)
Hi my name is Brit and I’m a cardio junkie…
Now don’t get me wrong, I’m all about pumpin’ iron (lifting weights) and vinyasa flowin’ (yoga), but if push comes to shove I ALWAYS go for cardio! Just 10-15 minutes of brisk walking, jumping jacks, high knee running and/or jumping rope does so much for my body. Cardio exercise is my workout of choice and here’s why…
- Fast Results – If I’m trying drop a few pounds, cardio workouts allow me to reach my goal faster!
- Max Calorie Burn – Simply put, 1 hour of cardio burns ~600 calories while 1 hour of yoga/pilates burns ~300 calories
- Sweat Out the Toxins – Afer 30 minutes of moving I’m dripping in sweat, feeling detoxed and enjoying my glowing skin!
- Larger Lung Capacity – The harder I push myself, the harder it is to breathe and the stronger my lungs become.
- Strong Heart – Cardio workouts quickly elevate my heart rate allowing me to strengthen the most important muscle in my body – my HEART!
- More Energy – Compared to other forms of exercise, cardio requires the most vigorous amount of movement which energizes my mind, body and soul 😉
Most people think that cardio means you have to be on a boring machine casually walking, cycling or rowing. However, there’s lots of fun cardio options like kickboxing, dance and athletic drills. Here’s a 15 minute home cardio workout that I like to do if I’m running low on time. Don’t forget you can also do the GRIT by Brit Ultimate Body Burn DVD for a 30 minute total body burn 😉
And just for a little extra workout motivation, here’s a picture of 1 of my favorite workout tank tops that always get me pumped for some cardio! Kiss my sweat #GRIT
Merry Christmas everyone! We got snow in Texas – yippee!!! #whitechristmas. I hope you had a wonderful, joyous day celebrating the birth of our King Jesus Christ. There’s no greater gift to mankind than GRACE. Can a I get a AMEN?
All in all I very much enjoyed my holiday…maybe a little too much. I ate one too many Christmas cupcakes, but boy were they good! Nevertheless, tomorrow calls for the official start of my 3 Day Post-Christmas CLEANSE. Below is my diet for the next 3 days.
As for my workouts, I plan to do 1 TurboKick class + 1 PureBarre class every day. This totals 2 hours of exercise for EACH of the next 3 days (1 hr cardio + 1 hour toning).
P.S. I’ve only been to 1 PureBarre class so far and I can’t decide if I’m a fan or a hater. BUT after this detox, I’ll know for sure. I’ll also write you guys a full review of the workout.
Try it for yourself and let me know how it goes – enjoy 🙂
Special offer just for my Facebook friends, Twitter and GRITbyBrit blog followers – on CYBER MONDAY (Nov.26th) you can purchase my newly released total body workout DVD for 50% off! To take advantage of the offer, follow these 3 steps:
- Go to my eStore: https://www.createspace.com/353954
- Enter discount code: EFG4H3UU
- Purchase your DVD!
Enjoy and thanks for supporting. Lots of love! -Brit 🙂